Cleansing and Moisturizing
- First, wash your face with warm water and mild soap or with a facial cleanser. Be sure to rinse thoroughly to remove any soap or cleanser residue.
- Next, apply a light cream or moisturizer. Be sure the moisturizer is fully absorbed before you begin your makeup application.
- When applying cleansing cream and/or moisturizer, try to follow the following sequence, using both hands:
- Upward and outward from chin to ears
- Across and up from nose to temples
- Upward from the tip of the nose to forehead
- Circular motions on the forehead to temples
- Gently over eyelids from the inner corner to the outer corner
- Gently under eyes from the outer corner to the inner corner
- Small circular motions around the sides of the nose
- Circular motions on the chin
- Upward on throat
Next Step: Applying Foundation
By Maureen A. Duffy, M.S., CVRT