Award Opportunities and a Contest!
Thanks to the generous donations from industry leaders and sponsors, APH is thrilled to announce an opportunity to be entered into a drawing for 6 separate award opportunities for student attendees at the 2022 National Coding Symposium. Requirements for entry into the drawing are listed below.
APH, Humanware, and Vispero have each generously donated 2 credits each of up to $3000 for the purchase of technology from one of their organizations.
These incredible awards can be used to purchase braille displays, video magnifiers, or other unique technology to further motivate their interests in coding and advance their technology skills.
Award Submissions for Entry into the Drawing
Students who register for the symposium may submit an Awards Entry Form by May 12, 2022, to be entered into a drawing for a credit of up to $3000 towards the purchase of technology from one of these manufacturers: APH, Humanware, and Vispero.
Winners will be announced during the APH Coding Symposium on Friday, May 13, 2022.
- Register to attend the National Coding Symposium.
- Complete the Awards Entry Form, 2022 APH Coding Symposium – Student Award Opportunity to enter the drawing.
- Eligibility is limited to primary, secondary, and post-secondary students who are visually impaired and interested in a career in coding or a related career.
- The deadline for submission is May 12, 2022. (Winners will be announced during the APH Coding Symposium on Friday, May 13, 2022.)
- If you are selected as a winner, we will need a signed Model Release form as a condition of receiving the award. If you are under 18 years of age, your parent or guardian will need to submit a signed permission form electronically. (The Model Release form is included in the Awards Entry Form.)
- APH: www.aph.org/shop
- Humanware: www.humanware.com
- Vispero brands:
If you have any questions about the National Coding Symposium’s awards drawing please contact prize coordinator Troy Ambrose at email@example.com.
Accessibility and Inclusion Contest
Fox Family Foundation is launching an Accessibility & Inclusion Contest, open to ages 14-20. Young people from across the country will have the opportunity to participate in a live Zoom or self-paced training in the art of Human-Centered Design delivered by the Foundation’s education partner, Project ECHO. We are seeking to build a network of blind and low-vision mentors (and judges) who can serve as subject-matter experts while participants propose innovation opportunities that better meet the needs of BVI populations. The contest will be announced in late spring/early summer 2022 with various partners. The contest portal will accept entries June-September 2022, and winners will be announced in October 2022. More information to come!