Sink Area With and Without Contrast
Sink Area Without Contrast
The low contrast bathroom sink graphic shows a sink with a soap dish and soap holder, cup, toothbrush holder with toothbrushes, medicine cabinet with medicine bottles, light switch, hand towel, and hairbrush. All the items are a light color against light-colored walls and a light-colored countertop. The labels on the medicine bottles are printed in light text against a light background, all providing examples of insufficient visual contrast.
Sink Area With Contrast
The high-contrast bathroom sink graphic, in comparison, demonstrates how good visual contrast can help people with low vision.
- The countertop is a dark color, and the walls are a light color.
- All of the accessories were selected to provide maximum visual contrast and in some cases, texture.
- The soap dish is light with dark-colored soap.
- The cup is white against the dark background of the countertop.
- The toothbrush holder is light with dark-colored toothbrushes.
- The medicine bottles have large print lettering in dark ink on a light background; one medicine bottle has a rubber band, and another has two rubber bands to distinguish them texturally from the other bottles.
- The light switch plate has a dark background and white switches.
- The hand towel is dark against a light wall.
- The hairbrush has a light handle against a dark background.