Promote your event and share it with the community
- This event has passed.
Looking to the Future, Opening the DOR to Adult Life!
April 6, 2022 @ 6:00 pm - 7:30 pm PDTFree
Calling all middle school, high school youth, and young adults living with blindness/low vision and their families! Have you wondered what comes next after high school? Where can you get the accessible training and equipment for work, college, or essential living skills? Well wonder no more and attend a presentation from Disability Rights California (DRC) and the California department of rehabilitation (DOR) on how to get a head start on your future and build on your strengths. You can also learn about programs that may be available in collaboration with and funded by the Department of Rehabilitation for your journey to adult life. There will be time after the presentation to speak with knowledgeable LightHouse staff and blind/low vision mentors regarding your individual situation.
This is a unique opportunity to get all your questions from DOR and DRC answered including:
1. What services does DOR provide to students?
2. What is the DOR, Workability, and College2Career?
3. Am I eligible to sign-up with the DOR?
4. What types of supports, equipment, and trainings can the DOR provide for me?
5. What are my rights and responsibilities when working with different agencies such as the DOR, my school, or college?
6. If I am interested in signing-up, how can I get started?
If you have any questions or would like to join us for the session, contact Daisy Soto, Youth Services Coordinator at dsoto@LightHouse-sf.org or by phone at 415-694-7328.