Promote your event and share it with the community
- This event has passed.
How to Create Accessible Documents
February 17, 2021 @ 1:00 pm - 5:00 pm EST
Wednesday, February 17, 1:00–5:00 p.m. ET, Zoom Teleconference, Register
This seminar will describe how to create accessible documents from start to finish. We will use real-world examples and interactive portions to give you a solid foundation in the area of document accessibility.
- Document accessibility
- Introduction to WCAG
- Introduction to access technology
- Word document accessibility
- The basics of Word accessibility
- Creating accessible forms
- Word accessibility checker
- Activity: Creating an accessible Word document
- Participants will start with a badly formatted Word document and attempt to make it accessible. This will include headings, forms, tables, etc. The session leader will be there to help with any issues that come up.
- Word document review
- Participants will be come together and talk about the document they just created. The session leader will have the master copy that participants should be trying to recreate.
- PDF accessibility
- PDF accessibility testing
- Converting accessible Word docs to PDFs
- PDF remediation
- EPUB accessibility
- Basics of EPUB
- Word to EPUB3 tool