Promote your event and share it with the community
- This event has passed.
Dare to be Remarkable: Pathways to Structured Discovery
December 15, 2020 - December 17, 2020
Attend the three-day national training conference for education and rehabilitation professionals who work with blind and low-vision transition-aged students or adults.
Dates and Location
Tuesday, December 15, 2020, through Thursday, December 17, 2020
11:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time
This conference will be hosted live via the Zoom conference platform.
Register for Dare to Be Remarkable Now!
Who Should Attend
Professionals working in the field of blindness education and rehabilitation from across the country. Workgroup opportunities for the following professionals and parents:
- Parents and Teachers of Blind and Low Vision Students
- Administrators and Directors of Training Centers and Blindness Service Programs
- Vocational Rehabilitation Counselors, Evaluators, and Supervisors
- Cane Travel and O&M Instructors
- Braille and Communications Instructors
- Access Technology Instructors
- Home Management, ADL, ILS, & Related Fields
- Employment Specialists and Vocational Coaches
- Current Vocational Rehabilitation Service Consumers
Agenda at a Glance
Each day of the conference will consist of the following:
11:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. Keynote and Plenary Speakers
12:00 – 1:00: Panel Discussion of Experts
1:00 – 1:30: Q&A Café: Assessment and Certification Programs
1:30 – 3:30: Concurrent Sessions I & II
3:30 – 4:00: Q&A Café: Assessment and Certification Programs
4:00 – 5:00: Topical Workgroup Sessions
5:00 – 7:00: Networking on Your Own
Note: Topical Workgroup Zoom rooms will remain open until 6:00 p.m. ET in order for you to finish workgroup assignments or to further connect with your colleagues. The main Zoom room will also be open during this time for the same purpose.
- $50 for practicing professionals and administrators
- $25 for students pursuing degrees in education, rehabilitation, and related fields
- Free to blind and low vision vocational rehabilitation service consumers
Take advantage of this opportunity. Register for Dare to Be Remarkable now!
For More Information
Questions about the conference can be directed to:
Edward C. Bell, Ph.D., CRC, NOMC
Director, Professional Development and Research Institute on Blindness Louisiana Tech University